WEEK TEN- May 25, 2020- Chinese
On this Memorial Day holiday, consider disconnecting from the devices. If you choose to spend time outdoors, please follow social distancing guidelines (CDC) and guidelines for visiting parks (NYC, CDC), including the use of a mask, staying 6 feet apart, and washing your hands well. If you decide to be online Monday, here are some events to include on Memorial Day:
The US Air Force Band has created this beautiful 1 minute video of a bugler playing Taps, with a short description of what it means and why it’s played. You might hear Taps at 3pm on Monday in some neighborhoods.
The U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard is presenting Virtual Fleet Week New York 2020 from May 20-26, where it is hosted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Here are this week’s announcements:
1. New details regarding MIS-C have been released (English, Spanish, Chinese). There is updated health information on the condition, now known as MIS-C, affecting children along with updated FAQs.
2. Grading plan FAQs will be emailed to families by Thursday (5/28) at noon. I will host a live Q&A session on Friday (5/29) morning 11:00am to 11:30am. I will do a short presentation of the plan and its rationale, and then answer questions.
3. The DoE wants parent and student feedback about screened schools admissions policies. In addition to their organized events, you can send your feedback to email@example.com. This email alias is for middle and high schools admissions feedback, not for questions about the policy.
4. Zoom access is available for students. Teachers have led tutorials in their class meetings, have posted instructions in their classrooms, and have surveyed students to find out who still needs help. Here are the instructions:
a. First, create and authenticate your DoE account (@nycstudents.net).
i. Here are the DoE instructions on how to create & authenticate your account.
ii. Here is the DoE website to create your account.
iii. Student OSIS numbers are listed in their ALMA accounts.
b. Second, enter the DoE remote learning portal with your new account and password.
c. Third, click the Zoom icon and you’re in. (Students can also download the Zoom app and log in with their DoE account by following this video tutorial.)
5. The links to this week’s Week-At-A-Glance and Suggested Student Schedules for each grade are here: Week-At-A-Glance (6, 8) and Suggested Schedules (6, 7, 8).
Reminders and links from other recent emails:
1. Hudon’s photo essay: Here is a day in the life of Hudson!
2. Parent Survey: Please take 5 minutes to complete this parent survey and tell us how things are going. I will share the results with the School Leadership Team, Faculty, and the PTA. We will use the data to shape programming for students. It is due on Thursday, May 28 at 3pm.
3. Grading Plan: Remember to send your questions about the grading plan (students, parents) so that I address them this week in the FAQs.
ZEYNEP EMAIL - 5/18/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL - 5/11/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL - 5/04/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL - 4/27/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL- 4/20/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL- 4/12/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL- 4/08/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL- 4/05/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL- 3/29/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL- 3/23/20
ZEYNEP EMAIL 3/13/20